Serovital (AKA Serovital-hgh) is now available at everyone’s favorite e-tailer, Amazon.com. I tried this product when it first came out and love it (see my review here). It has been kind of hard to buy – only available at ULTA, Costco and the brand site. Now you can buy it through the Serovital company via Amazon (I may get a commission if you use this link)for $122.48 including shipping for a 40 day supply. A 30 day supply is $99 at retailers and the website. I am going to try to use Alexa to buy it next time!
Its been several years since my favorite brow wax kit left the market (Anastasia Beverly Hills). Ever since I have been looking for a replacement for waxing at home. I stumbled across this affordable Sweetease kit and ULTA and it has been working pretty well.
The kit comes with eight strips, an instruction card and aftercare wipes. I use two strips (brows and upper lips) each time. I also have a little baby oil and cotton swabs on hand to remove wax residue. I cut the strips in half for easier application and if I’m really feeling ambitious, I trace the underside of my brow on the strip with a pen to get a closer fit. The kit isn’t perfect, but for $3.99 its a nice substitute for a $20 salon wax. Find it at ULTA and CVS stores.
One of my favorite creamy eyeshadows is NARS’ Velvet Shadow Stick in Goddess. It’s that perfect rose gold color that wears well all by itself or layered with dry shadows. The only thing I don’t like about it is the price: $28 for .05 ounces. I don’t wear it everyday and it still runs out quick. That being said, it has been difficult to replicate the color till now.
I was walking around Kohl’s with some Kohl’s cash to spend and I came upon theBalm counter. They have a line of creamy stick eyeshadows called “Batter Up” with a color that almost identically matches NARS Goddess. Batter Up Long Wearing Eyeshadow Stick in “Moonshot” is a dream come true! The price is still $17 for the same amount of product, but still about 40 percent cheaper than the NARS version. Most of the makeup at Kohl’s isn’t eligible for coupons but you can use the Kohl’s cash you earn towards the purchase of makeup and beauty!
It’s that time of the year again. Time to redeem your beauty insider coupons! The amount of your coupon is based on your annual spend, with a minimum of $15 off a purchase of $50. I used mine to try out some new products and grab an old favorite:
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Intense Wrinkle Sheet Mask, $12
Gold infused masks were a favorite backstage at the VS Fashion Show this year. This sheet mask’s 24K gold and hyaluronic acid plump up skin, reduce inflammation and reduce the appearance of lines. Get them in singles or in a box of five for $68.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, $22
Hourglass has created a collection of finishing powders that mimic different types of light, making your skin look its best in any light. I got Dim Light, a neutral peach beige powder designed to blur imperfections and highlight your radiant undertones. For a limited time get a mini versions priced at $22 instead of $46.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, $12
This cult classic by NARS combines coverage with light diffusion to give skin a radiant glow. The full size ($28) comes in 16 tones or try it out in two shades, Vanilla or Custard for just $12 each.
Rosebud Salve, $6
This made in Maryland lip balm moisturizes and gives lips that perfect rosy tint. It can also be used to soothe scratches, moisturize dry skin and even quell diaper rash. The little tin will last forever but its nice to have several around the house.
I got all this for $37 (before tax). Make sure you check your email and redeem your coupon before De. 12, 2016!
Target’s November beauty box is out for delivery and you can still pick one up!
It costs $10 ($30 value) and includes the following:
- L’Oréal Advanced HairCare Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo: Makes thin hair thicker, travel size. ($1.49 value)
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream: Has a rosy scent and my two favorite ingredients, hyaluronic acid and rosehip oil. Great as a daytime or nighttime cream. ($5 value)
- HASK Keratin Protein Soothing Deep Conditioner: Single use hair mask helps repair damaged hair, $1.99.
- Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask: Sheet mask version of the brands’ overnight water mask. Non-slip mask comes in two pieces for easier application. ($5 value)
- W3LL People Bio Brightener Stick: Natural screen brightener. Very stiff and hard to apply. It probably works better in the summer/warmer temperatures. (???)
- L’Oréal Voluminous Primer: Works as a blowout for lashes. Maybe I could use it instead of mascara? ($5.99 value)
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner: A better than average drugstore liner. I got black/brown, perfect for neutral color palettes. Also has a built-in sharpener and smudger. ($5.99)
- You also get a $3 of $15 coupon for beauty at Target.