Red Door fans now have a new place to spa in College Park. Elizabeth Arden opened its newest relaxation outpost in The Hotel at The University of Maryland on May 19, 2018. Conveniently located a 7777 Baltimore Ave., visitors and students can get primped and pampered by the award-winning spa experts.
The 5,200 square-foot spa and salon is located on the hotel’s fourth floor and includes 6 treatment rooms, 1 couples’ treatment room, hair salon and comfy pedicure and manicure stations. The treatment menu has a variety of relaxing services including massages, facials, body scrubs and wraps, manicures, pedicures and waxes. Get a haircut, color or blowout in the full service salon. In a hurry? Mini 20 minute services start at just $70.
Red Door College Park is open 7 days a week and services can be booked online. Red Door also offers 20% off product and services 7 days a week to all Active Duty, Retiree, Veteran, National Guard, Reservist and U.S. Coast Guard personnel!
It’s the foil that makes it better!
I am a sheet mask junkie, hydrogel and bio cellulose being my favorite. So when I saw the Masque Bar foil mask display at CVS, I had to check it out. The new line has three different types of masks; gold, silver and rose gold. Each element comes in two variations, a foil sheet mask and a peel off mask. The peel off mask is available in a single use pod or a tube.
I decided on the rose gold foil mask made with soybean, witch hazel and mushroom extracts, designed to nourish and hydrate skin. The mask actually has paper on the inside – a foil only mask would probably slide right off!
Which brings me to what is so wonderful about this mask – the foil keeps your face warm! Most sheet masks can freeze your face off, making you want to remove them before they have served their purpose. The foil layer in this mask pulls the heat from your body making your face nice and toasty. Now, I used it in the spring, I’ll have to see what happens when I try one in the summer. It could get too hot. I have already bought another one (silver), but I’m not a fan of the peel offs. You can find them at CVS and I usually pay little to nothing for them with coupons and rewards bucks. Amazon (I may get a commission from this link) is also carrying them.
Check your CVS app and you may have a coupon for a free Beauty 360 Facial Mask! This is the second one I have scored in the past couple a months. The quality is on par with most basic facial masks and even if you’re not into them, you can keep it for a teacher gift or stocking stuffer.
To check and see if you’ve got one, download the CVS app for your smartphone and log in with your rewards card info. Tap on “Deals and Rewards” and scroll down through the coupons until you find it. You’ll have to load it to your card or it won’t work!
Choose from full size and eye masks, from brightening to plumping, and everything in between. The masks retail at $3.99 or 2 for $7.
Score at ULTA with these coupons coming to your email
For about the past nine months or so, I have been getting $15 off $50 coupons in my email every quarter. Here is how I took advantage of the deal and read the end to see how to get yours!
- Mia Puffy Pony, $6: I sometimes work as a photography assistant and I thought this would be a neat accessory to add volume to a long, thin ponytail. Unfortunately, this only works if you have thick hair already.
- The Scrub Of Your Life by Soap & Glory, $12: This five star body scrub smells great, comes in a handy squeeze bottle and gets rid of the rough spots!
- Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm by Clinique, $6 (trial size): This balm transforms into an oil that removes even the thickest mascara and physical sunscreens. Find the trial size hidden in the Clinique displays.
- DipBrow Pomade by Anastasia, $18: I got a deluxe sample of this brow pomade and had to get it. It comes in a nice range of hair colors and makes your brows look like a professional did them!
- Tarte Lip Sculptor minis, $12: When you want to put gloss over your lipstick you end up messing up your gloss wand or trying to use your finger. Tarte Sculptor by Tarte has a lipstick on one end and the matching gloss on the other. Problem solved! Find this mini duo tucked into one of the prestige cases or up at the cash wrap.
- 10 days To Great Skin by Clinique, Free: ULTA has been serving up unannounced freebies with purchase lately. They change every day and you never know what you’re going to get. This kit has 10 ten days worth of Clinique skincare including Liquid Facial Soap, Clarifying Lotion and Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Perfect for your next vacation.
Now for the deals – Most of them come to my secondary email (not the email registered to my account), but still work with my club card. I have also been getting quarterly 20 percent off total purchase offers to both emails. These offers are GOOD on prestige products! Try to set up a second email and see what you get!
One of my favorite fall activities is the annual Nordstrom Beauty Trends Show. Beauty lovers get early access to the store, to enjoy coffee and goodies while seeing the latest and greatest in fall beauty at Nordstrom! You also get the chance to win products in the show and get makeovers from renowned national brand makeup artists. You must buy a ticket for $20, which can be redeemed for product on the day of the show. Attendees also get a beauty tote filled with samples, so win-win!
The Beauty Trends Show at the Montgomery Mall Nordstrom will be held on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017 at 8 a.m.. You can buy your ticket by visiting any beauty counter or by calling the store at (301) 365-4111. Tickets must be purchased in advance and must be redeemed on the day of the event.
If you can’t make it to the Montgomery Mall show, Tyson’s Nordstrom will be having a show on Nov. 11, 2017. If you are not in the DMV area, visit Nordstrom.com, navigate to stores and events to find a show near you!
Tips: Make sure you get there early to get a seat and enjoy your coffee. After the show is over, the beauty department turns into a crowded zoo! If you know that you want a makeover from a certain brand, you can make an appointment ahead of time so you don’t have to wait. You have until the end of the business day to redeem your 20 bucks so if you live close, you may want to come back later in the day.