V-Day is just around the corner. Here are my picks for gifts or if you just want to treat yourself!
(Left to right)
http://dragon-pharma.top-roids.com/">hydra dragon pharma1:
Here is one unicorn that isn’t elusive. Lush has created this cool bath melt that turns your bath into a silvery, pink enchanted pool with floating candy sprinkles, $7.95. Out of stock online
so check your local store.
2. Immerse yourself in childhood with the Cotton Candy fragrance from Demeter. Get it in a lotion, cologne, shower gel or massage oil, (only $9 through Feb.17) at demeterfragrance.com.
3. Brooklyn company Appliq has a host of Valentine themed nail stickers or they allow you to upload and design your own. A set (custom or stock) will only cost you $15.
4. Rapture is a classic 90’s fragrance from Victoria’s Secret. They brought the warm, musky scent back last year and it appears that it is here to stay. $39 or $22 for the purse spray.
5. This little organic pot of gloss from Kari Gran just got picked up by Sephora. It is available in five colors and two different flavors $15. Now through Valentine’s Day, get a free mini Jcoco couture chocolate bar with any purchase.
6. The Sweet Heart Strawberry Deluxe gift set from The Body Shop. This sweet set has a strawberry hand cream, body butter, spray cologne and a heart-shaped soap all in a gift box for $30. Now through 2/14 get free shipping on this gift with coupon code SWEETEST!
Summer is almost here. Time to get your feet in sandal shape. Exfoliation and moisturizer is the best way to get rid of dry skin and cracked heels. I was approached by Yu-Be, a tried and true Japanese line to try it out and offer a Travel Pak to my readers. Yu-Be is a glycerin based moisturizer with Vitamin E, B2 and camphor. It does not contain any artificial colors or fragrances and has been a favorite in Japan since 1957.
I tried the Skin Cream
, Moisturizing Body Lotion, Foaming Skin Polish and the Heel and Elbow Moisturizing socks
. Both the lotion and cream absorb quickly and are not greasy. However, the Camphor makes it smell like Carmex. Yu-Be reminds me of a lighter version of the old cure all, Bag Balm. That heavy petrolatum based ointment cured anything from diaper rash to eczema. But it took forever to absorb and was not pleasant.
Yu-Be is for dry skin, cracked heals and itchy skin and for people who just want a good moisturizer. There were many happy reviewers on Sephora.com, some it even marveled how it helped with their Eczema. I like everything about it, except for the smell. However, I am always looking for simple products without additives, so I can overlook it. You won’t smell like camphor all day – the smell dissipates quickly. The Elbow and Heel Moisturizing socks are great because they are not a full sock. Your toes are free and it keeps your feet from getting overheated under the covers. The Foaming Skin Polish
is super-moisturizing. The simple ingredients, rice bran, ginger root, ginseng tone the skin while green tea and camphor help lock in moisture. To win a free Travel Set and try it yourself, read the instructions below.
Win this Yu-Be Travel Set!
All you have to do subscribe to this blog and/or Like my Facebook
page, and leave a comment telling me “I want Yu-Be!”
Enter by May 10, 2012. Travel Pak will ship directly from Yu-Be.